Instructional Staff Role
Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is hiring instructional staff to teach during July 2021 in our online academic enrichment and leadership program for secondary school students from Africa. Preferred candidates include graduate or undergraduate students with a desire to teach online and a passion for working cooperatively with others.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for teaching, mentoring, and inspiring talented African high school students, and are willing to work collaboratively to create a successful and memorable program.
Instructional staff will teach, mentor and supervise program participants during our online session. This position is a good fit for anyone interested in:
- Teaching and mentoring a diverse group of high school students;
- Gaining experience in an African context;
- Growing and improving as an educator.
Instructional staff play an essential role in developing our curriculum as well as take on a wide array of academic and supervisory responsibilities. Instructional Staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing seminars on topics of personal and professional interest;
- Leading SAT tutorials;
- Running university guidance workshops;
- Aiding leadership team as necessary in administering program policy and ensuring student comfort and security.
Instructional staff must commit to work for the full duration of the session in addition to attending all trainings and the orientation.
Yale Young African Scholars Online: July 21 - July 28, 2021
- April 16, 2021 - YYAS Staff Curricular Training
- April-June - Curriculum Development
- June 18, 2021 - 2nd YYAS Staff Curricular Training
- TBD July, 2021 - YYAS Online Staff Orientation
Click here to view a sample schedule for the 2021 session.
The pay structure for Instructional Staff is as follows:
This compensation includes all training and preparation before and during the session. Instructional staff must complete all planning and teaching responsibilities to receive compensation.
The application process includes an online application form, a resume, and optional letters of recommendation.
- January 3, 2021 @ 11:59pm - Applications are due
- January 7-22, 2021 - Interviews scheduled for applicants
- January 25-29, 2021 - Expected release of hiring decisions
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any employment questions.
NB: International students (unless studying at Yale University) should consult with their Office of International Students to review work authorization. Non-Yale candidates should check that their US state of residence is represented on this list for hire.